Anyway, some background!
I was diagnosed with JRA when I was 8 years old, but have always had very mild symptoms. Arthritis was always more of an excuse to get out of running in P.E. than a 'disability'. Since graduating high school a few months ago however, my symptoms have gotten a lot worse and I am starting to walk much slower and with a bit of a 'pimp limp'. I know these symptoms are not that serious, but they have made me seriously evaluate my potential limitations in the not so near future.
Now, obviously I am not the most athletic person, but I did grow up on a mountain and with a significant appreciation for nature. This has led me to make the drastic decision to undertake this awesome journey before I'm not able to anymore.
Hopefully this journey can be followed by other hikers and arthritics alike, I'd love to hear opinions from anyone!
Here's some pictures at my sad beginnings on some local trails in the past month or so, I still have such a long way to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment